Re: splitting .ly files into chunks

From: Felipe Massia Pereira
Subject: Re: splitting .ly files into chunks
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:10:48 -0300 (EST)

I think he could comment out the \includes he does not want to hear. A
better way to do it would be pre-process the file someway. So one could
use conditional compilation. Like this

#ifndef PART
#define PART1
#define PART2
#define PART3
#endif

\notes {
#ifdef PART1
\include part1.ly
#endif
#ifdef PART2
\include part2.ly
#endif

This file could be processed with 'cpp' as

$ cpp master-file.ly -DPART -DPART1 > part1.ly
$ cpp master-file.ly > all_parts.ly

This was not tested but should work. If scheme has similar conditional
building, I think it's better use it instead, so the user does not need
to use cpp (in the case above I cant pass master-file to lilypond
directly).

[]s
--
Felipe Massia Pereira   <http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~ra000493>