Re: error message when running ly2dvi

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: error message when running ly2dvi
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:53:24 +0200

DEBORAH LOWREY <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been working on the full orchestration of the
> Magic Flute. Everything was going great until I got to
> the violins. I was adding each instrument to the score
> as I went and ran ly2dvi -P after each to help edit,
> etc. But now I'm getting the error:
>
> `MagicFlute.instrument'...
> Signal 127
> error: lilypond: command exited with value 65280

It seems that LilyPond bombs out.  Why, that's hard to tell without
access to the .ly's.

> problem). I have Windows ME and a Compaq 5838 with a
> 500Mhz Athlon with 256k ram.
>
> Any suggestions?

It would be helpful if you could post (or put on a website) the .ly's
that give the problem.  We'll have to find out where the problem is,
lilypond, lilypond for windows, guile for windows, some strange thing
when combining your .ly's, hardware problems.

If you can't post the .ly's, there's a more difficult route.  I could
make a lilypond version available that has debugging info, and you
could run lilypond under gdb (the debugger), so that we may see what's
wrong.

You could also try the newly available, but still experimental,
lilypond-1.5.60, and see if that works.  See

    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/lilypond-devel/2002-June/001042.html

Greetings,
Jan.