Problems compiling on RedHat7.2

From: Michael Grinfeld
Subject: Problems compiling on RedHat7.2
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:19:24 +0100

I've tried compiling various versions. Usually the make all works
(though not always), but when I try to actually use the binary, I get
total nonsense. Here is an extract:

programming error: Infinity or NaN encountered (Continuing; cross thumbs)
programming error: Infinity or NaN encountered (Continuing; cross thumbs)
programming error: Infinity or NaN encountered (Continuing; cross thumbs)
programming error: Infinity or NaN encountered (Continuing; cross thumbs)
programming error: Infinity or NaN encountered (Continuing; cross thumbs)
programming error: Infinity or NaN encountered (Continuing; cross thumbs)
warning: too many colliding rests
programming error: Infinity or NaN encountered (Continuing; cross thumbs)

Calculating column positions... warning: Too many clashing notecolumns.
Ignoring them.
programming error: Infinity or NaN encountered (Continuing; cross thumbs)
lilypond: ../flower/include/interval.hh:28: T Interval_t<T>::center () [with T
= Real]: Assertion `!empty_b ()' failed.
error: lilypond: command exited with value 6
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/export/home1/software/bin/ly2dvi", line 847, in ?
    run_lilypond (files, outbase, dep_prefix)
  File "/export/home1/software/bin/ly2dvi", line 448, in run_lilypond
    system ('lilypond %s %s ' % (opts, fs))
  File "/export/home1/software/bin/ly2dvi", line 241, in system
    error (msg)
  File "/export/home1/software/bin/ly2dvi", line 139, in error
    raise _ ("Exiting ... ")
Exiting ...

Any suggestions? Cheers, Michael