Re: Chords and slurs

From: Maurizio Tomasi
Subject: Re: Chords and slurs
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:02:04 +0200 (MET DST)

> But notice that it is a hack - the two voices get different stems
> (that in this case just happens to overlap so that they look like one
> stem) - in other cases you might have to twiddle with stemUp and
> stemDown to get correct results. With beams/flags you would have
> problems.

Ok, since I am dealing with quarter notes this is not a problem: your code
does exactly what I want. But why do you say the construct does not make
sense? In piano music there are a lot of examples like the one above.

BTW, I was thinking of a similar issue about multiple slurs. PMX let you
to nest slurs by assigning a ordinal number to each of them. I do not
remember the exact syntax, but by writing it "lilypondlishly" it would be:

c(1 d e(2 )2f g )1h

Some music uses nested slurs (e.g. Brahms), so adding this feature could
be quite useful for Lilypond.

Thank you.

Maurizio