"Too many clashing notecolumns" message

From: ymorin
Subject: "Too many clashing notecolumns" message
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:14:39 +0200 (CEST)

        Hello !

        I'm new on the list. I installed LilyPond 1.4.12.jcn5 for Windows
(Win98 SE) with Cygwin at the beginning of June. Install was OK.

        I've got the following message from my LilyPond console (marked by a
'<==='):

Calculating column positions... warning: Too many clashing notecolumns.  Ignorin
g them.

        What does it means ? How to avoid it ? Does a detailled list of error
messages exist somewhere ?

Here's the output of my LilyPond console:

$ ly2dvi -P test1.ly
Running LilyPond...
 -I /home/ibm05 -H dedication -H title -H subtitle -H subsubtitle -H footer -H h
ead -H composer -H arranger -H instrument -H opus -H piece -H metre -H meter -H
poet -H texttranslator -H papersize -H textheight -H pagenumber -H language -H l
atexheaders -H latexoptions -H linewidth -H latexpackages -H orientation /home/i
bm05/test1
GNU LilyPond 1.4.12.jcn5
Now processing: `/home/ibm05/test1.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...[8][16][21]
Preprocessing elements...
Calculating column positions... warning: Too many clashing notecolumns.
Ignorin         <===
g them.
[3][6][9][12][15][18][21][22]
paper output to `test1.tex'...