Re: Rehearsal marks, percent repeat

From: Antonio PALAMA'
Subject: Re: Rehearsal marks, percent repeat
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:52:30 +0200

Han-Wen wrote:

- It is not possible to have multiple precent repeat behave a la "skipBars"

That's more difficult. You would have to look into
percent-repeat-engraver.cc and percent-repeat-iterator.cc I'm also not
sure what you really want. AFAIK the syntax for repeating longer
fragments is

. ///
 ///.

(number of slashes = number of measures.) I've seen numbers on top
just to help people, i.e.

 1   2   3
 % | % | % | etc.

which one do you want?
\property score.skipPercent ##t
\repeat "percent" 5
{
c2 c |
}

should produce  (bad ASCII graphics)

                  4
|   o   o   |          |
|   |    |    |    %   |
|             |          |

like the old construct

\property score.skipBars=1;
c2 c |
\repetitions 1*4 |

did with 1.2.17.

Also knowing how to put numbers above bars to help reading like in your example
wold be helpful.
I need these features to typeset marching band parts. Squeezing 200+ measures into
one 210mm * 145mm page is really difficult.

I will answer on the other points later.
Thanks a lot,

Ciao,

Antonio