big pages

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: big pages
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:26:37 +0000

I stuck this in my working directory of a lilypond-book
document and got a good result.  Unfortunately Dr. Leslie
Lamport was unacquainted with the convention that there
is supposed to be a relationship between the desirable
leading of lines in paragraphs, the number of characters
per line, and the number of *columns*,
when the blocks of text are separated by something
such as vertical spaces or music.

My doc has mostly short paragraphs.  So does the
lilypond documentation.

IOW, I was wasting too much paper.

I'm sure someone (Like Laura C.) can improve on this but it
worked for me, and the result goes in a binder really
well.  I just changed some numbers.

=========cut here

% This is FULLPAGE.STY by H.Partl, Version 2 as of 15 Dec 1988.
% Document Style Option to fill the paper just like Plain TeX.
% as amended bigPage.sty D. R. Arnold 2002  His idea of a big
% page was 1 in margins or more all around.

\typeout{Style Option bigPage as of 2002 06 24}

\topmargin 0pt
\advance \topmargin by -\headheight
\advance \topmargin by -\headsep

\textheight 10.0in

\oddsidemargin 0pt
\evensidemargin \oddsidemargin
\marginparwidth 7.0in

\textwidth 7.0in

% For users of A4 paper: The above values are suited for american
8.5x11in
% paper. If your output driver performs a conversion for A4 paper, keep
% those values. If your output driver conforms to the TeX standard
(1in/1in),
% then you should add the following commands to center the text on A4
paper:

% \advance\hoffset by -3mm  % A4 is narrower.
% \advance\voffset by  8mm  % A4 is taller.

\endinput
========cut here
Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden