Lyrics above staff in a SATB context

From: Han-Wen
Subject: Lyrics above staff in a SATB context
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 01:23:05 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Hello,
>
> How do I most sensibly produce a SATB score with two staves so that
> S lyrics are above, A lyrics below the staff, and ditto for T, B?

I've added a SATB template to CVS.

%{

 Example template for a SATB vocal  score.

%}

sopMusic = \notes  \relative c'' { c4 c [c8( )b] c4 }
sopWords = \lyrics { hi4 hi hi hi  }

altoMusic = \notes  \relative c' { e4 f d e }
altoWords =\lyrics { ha4 ha ha ha }

tenorMusic = \notes \relative c' { g4 a f g }
tenorWords = \lyrics { hu4 hu hu hu }

bassMusic = \notes \relative c { c4 c g c }
bassWords = \lyrics { ho4 ho ho ho }

\score { \notes
          \context StaffGroup <
              \property Score.automaticMelismata = ##t
          \context Lyrics = sopLyrs { s1 }
          \context Staff = women { s1 }
          \context Lyrics = altoLyrs { s1 }
          \context Lyrics = tenorLyrs { s1 }
          \context Staff = men {\clef bass s1 }
          \context Lyrics = bassLyrs { s1 }
          \addlyrics
                \context Staff = women \context Voice = VA { \voiceOne
\sopMusic }
                \context Lyrics = sopLyrs { \sopWords}
          \addlyrics
                \context Staff = women \context Voice = VB { \voiceTwo
\altoMusic }
                \context Lyrics = altoLyrs { \altoWords}
          \addlyrics
                \context Staff = men \context Voice = VA { \voiceOne
\tenorMusic }
                \context Lyrics = tenorLyrs { \tenorWords}
          \addlyrics
                \context Staff = men  \context Voice = VB { \voiceTwo
\bassMusic }
                \context Lyrics = bassLyrs { \bassWords}

  \paper {
    \translator {

        % a little smaller so lyrics can be closer to the staff.
        \StaffContext
        minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-3 . 3)

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen