Re: Lyrics above staff in a SATB context

From: Atro Tossavainen
Subject: Re: Lyrics above staff in a SATB context
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:59:12 +0300 (EEST)

>> Is there something I can do about lyric syllables on the first beat
>> being drawn over the barline? (To see what I mean, see
>
> see input/regression/lyrics-bar.ly

Aha!  Yes, it works, although I could use still more space between the
barline and the words.  However, applying this resulted in the bar lines
being extended above and below the group of staves, as far up and down
as the lyric lines go, which looks kinda freaky.  How do I prevent this?

Also, it seems that a period at the end of a lyric sentence causes the
word with the period to be aligned rather far to the left with regard
to the position of the note it is attached to.  I suppose this is due to
the implied extra space after the period?  This is particularly annoying
when a lyric sentence ends on the 1 of a bar (see bar 8 of the example
I posted earlier).

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.