Re: sound patch files for timidity

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: sound patch files for timidity
Date: 04 Jul 2002 11:08:30 +0200

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 19:14, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Simon Bailey <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > does anybody have any decent patch files for brass instruments for
> > timidity? i've downloaded the best ones i can find from the links at the
> > timidity-page, but they don't sound quite right. does anybody have any
> > good ones or know where i can find some?
>
> I don't know.  Are those the same as can be found at
>

> http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/pool/main/t/timidity-patches/timidity-patches_0.1-5_all.deb

these are the same ones that come with the original release of timidity.
i've downloaded the eawpatches package (23MB @
http://www.stardate.bc.ca/eawpatches/html/default.htm) of sound patches
for timidity which sound a lot better than the original ones, but the
brass section is still very synthetic...

thx anyway, jan.

greetings from the (now sunny *yay*) alps,
simon.
--
Confucius say, man who live in glass house shower in basement.