RE: lilypond-mode in Emacs on Windows

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: RE: lilypond-mode in Emacs on Windows
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 15:05:11 +0100

>> Try putting this in ylur .emacs file:

>Can that be done automatically, ie, does the Emacs for Windows
>configuration know the concept of a site start directory, something
>like:

>   /etc/emacs/site-start.d

>that we could copy the lilypond-init.el snippet to?
Yes this could be done, but most Windows systems are run by a single user so that it is unnecessary, but logically this is better.

>Also, could you tell were the other .ELs should be installed?

>> (Yes the regular _expression_ does contain 8 backslashes in a row!

>Ah, that's nice.
Actually I miscounted - it's 7!

> Could you make this conditional, for Cygwin only, so that we can
> include it in lilypond-mode.el itself, something like:

>  (defun LilyPond-master-file ()
>    (if (on-cygwin-p)
>      (string-replace-match ".*\\(/\\|\\\\\\\)" (buffer-file-name) "" t
>t))
>      (buffer-file-name))

Yes this is the proper way to do it.  As a general rule I don't like to change the .el files in an emacs app, unless it's "official" otherwise I loose track.  I will get back to you with the proper code.

Bernard

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> | GNU LilyPond - The music
typesetter

LATEST NEWS FROM VALTECH Training course prices slashed - up to 50% less than other leading training companies - from £1795 to £990 for five day course - for full details and course offerings please see www.valtech.co.uk/training or call Allen Fulcher on 020 7014 0845 for London courses and the training team on 0161 873 6300 for Manchester courses.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains Proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.

If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail,
please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.
All information contained within this e-mail is subject to the Terms & Conditions of Valtech Ltd. which are available upon request.