(no subject)

From: address@hidden
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 13:39:15 +0100

Il ven, 2002-07-05 alle 13:28, Maurizio Tomasi ha scritto:
> > > After taking a look at the image Simon put on the web, I am not sure
> > > these are real "cue" notes. Their purpose should be to give the
> > > player an hint about what the other instruments are playing at the
> > > moment, while a real "cue note" is something the player him/herself
> > > has to play.
> >
> > No, ``cue'' means someone else is playing it.  Small staves are
> > sometimes used for one staff in a duet score where a part is provided,
> > and for ossias.
>
> Yes, you are absolutely right. My misunderstanding comes from the fact
> that english is not my native language: I thought that a "cue note" was
> the english word for "appoggiatura". I do not know if there exists some
> italian word that translates "cue note".
Well, I've searched for an Italian translation in the Baernereiter
"Polyglottes Woerterbuch der musikalischen Terminologie": it seems that
the Italian for "cue notes" is "notine" [=little notes]...:-)
Anyway, I've never used it nor heard of it: for me some cue notes are
simply a "guida" [=guide].

Guido