Re: Articulation marks and bar rests

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Articulation marks and bar rests
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:47:12 +0000

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:35:20 Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> > Hi, people!
> >
> > It is the first time I write to this list, but I've been reading for
> > several months. I have some things to ask so I'll start now - but
> I'll
> > continue when I've more time...
> >
> > 1. Is it possible to insert a "bar rest" without writing the whole
> bar's
> > length? That is: in 4/4 time I write "R1", in 2/4 "R2", but in 5/8 I
> > have to write "R2 R8". I'd like something like a plain "R".
>
> Use R1*5/8 or

It would be nice if lilypond had some readymades like that, so
you could

R = \readymade "R1*5/8"

but now you could define \mrest and substitute it for
``R '', with a space, using sly's filter.  Leaving the
filter alone, you could then redefine as necessary within
your music.

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden