Re: transposing from treble to tenor clef

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: transposing from treble to tenor clef
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:30:21 +0200

Keith and Margaret Stanley wrote:

I do not want to publish music as a whole but a often would like to rewrite music presented in treble clef one octave lower in either bass clef or (probably better) in tenor clef. Can your program help with this or can you point me to a suitable program.

LilyPond has no facilities for scanning music, so if what you are looking for is a program which can scan some printed music and perform a few changes on them and then printout the altered result then LilyPond is NOT the program you are looking for.

However, if you are prepared on entering the music manually using your keyboard (it is not as hard as it may sound) then LilyPond will have no problems in transposing the music and changing the clefs - and surely there are many helpful people on this list prepared for helping new users, so you will not be left alone in your attempts.

-Rune