Re: \mark on the last \bar "|."

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \mark on the last \bar "|."
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 12:58:49 +0200

> > bar line
> > place
> > the

> > > Funny coincidence, I found the same problem yesterday night!
> > > Then I thought it would be enough to change the visibility-lambda
> > > property, but it didn't help. This is clearly a bug!
> >
> > Sorry, it does indeed work as soon as you set the correct property.
> > Try
> > \property Score.RehearsalMark \override
> >         #'break-visibility = #all-visible
> >
> > The thing is that rehearsal marks that occur at line breaks
> > are normally typeset only at the beginning of the next line,
> > not at the end of the previous line. The question is really
> > if this rule should apply to the last bar of the piece?
> >
> >     /Mats
>
> Wait a minute. A D.C. or D.S. may well not be at the end of
> a piece, but it still is at the end of a measure and/or line:

Yes, for those cases you could set the break-visibility to
begin-of-line-invisible. The vertical orientation (up/down)
is set using the direction property and the horizontal
justification is set using self-alignment-X, so there are
many options available.

>      :||:
>    D.C.

For the following, I don't know any perfect simple solution
but you could set direction = #0 and self-alignment-X=-1
as a good starting point and then tweak it using
extra-offset.
Would it be possible to tweak the instrument name engraver
into doing the job?
Another question is how you shorten the system so the text
doesn't fall off the page.

> :|| D.C.
>

> and not
> at the beginning of the next measure or line.
> Some marks should be right aligned to a bar or double bar
> or repeat sign. Some should be left aligned. Some should be
> centered.

Yes, see above.

   /Mats