Re: multimeasure rest

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: multimeasure rest
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:30:26 -0700

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 19:02:24 +0200
address@hidden (Stefano Cardo) wrote:
> This is the first time I write here... and I'm probably writing for a
> stupid thing... is there anyone who know how can I write a multi-measure
> rest?
> It is few days that I'm studying the manual, but I cant find anything...

It _is_ in the manual (IIRC it's "writing parts -> multimeasure rests.  It's
a lot clearer in the docs for 1.5 though).

If you're in 4/4, do "R1*8" to have an 8-bar rest.  For 3/4 it's "R2.*8".  You
can also use this to make long notes -- "a1*16" will make a long A, although
IIRC the note is only displayed in the first bar.

HTH,
Graham Percival