*single* tie in chord

From: Atte Andre Jensen
Subject: *single* tie in chord
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:57:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

I cannot figure out how to get a tie between only one of the notes in a
chord, like this: (excuse my poor ascii art)

-|---------|-
-|---------|-
-|--|---|--|-
-|--|---|--|-
-|--o---o--|-
   -o- -o-
     \_/

This is what I tried (including the obvious <c~ e><c e>, that really is
the way it should be done IMHO), lily 1.5.63:

\include "paper20.ly"
%\version "1.5.63"
\header {
    title = "Single tie in chord"
    composer = "Atte André Jensen"
    tagline = " "
    footer = " "
}
tHide = \property Voice.Tie \override #'transparent = ##t
tShow = \property Voice.Tie \override #'transparent = ##f

melody = \notes  \relative c' \context Voice = LHa {
    | <c e~> <c e> <~c e> <c e>
    | <{c ~ c\tHide ~ c ~ c}{e e e e}>
    | <c e>\tShow <c~ e> <c e> ~ <c e>
    | <{c ~ c c c}{e e e ~ e}>