Lead Sheets

From: lance mclean
Subject: Lead Sheets
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:41:45 -0400

Howdy folks.  New guy here, just getting started with Lilypond.  Digging it
though!

I'd like to be able to generate quick charts for my band but can't seem to
find how to do it.

Does anyone know how to get lilypond to generate lead sheets?  A lead sheet
typically has a melody printed within the staff and a chord name above it.  I
guess what this boils down to is being able to suppress the output of the
notes in chord mode or somesuch so that the chord names could appear but
still leave the staves open for notes.

Anyone?  TIA,

Lance