Re: questions about clashes

From: Atte Andre Jensen
Subject: Re: questions about clashes
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:54:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
> > clashes: Notes are handled nicely, and everything else (at least what I
> > tried: fingerings, (phrasing)slurs, dynamics, pedaling and free text) is
> > so that they look nice together with the notes. But these graphical
> > objects don't know about the existence of each other. So slur, fingering
> > and dynamic happening at the same time may clash wildly, simply because
> > they are each positioned as if the others weren't there. Is that correct?
>
> Yes.

Phew, then I didn't miss out on anything big.

Then as far as I can see I might as well use direct scheme immediately for
textual dynamics, since I cannot expect to be able to pad them into place
anyways.

Another question: If I put stuff, for instance text, in separate voices
using spacer notes, will positioning be the same? Or another way to put
it; are other voices taken into account when resolving clashes?

Another question#2: It's prob in the manual somewhere, but is there a
dummy spacer that doesn't take up time? Using "s" breaks the barline
checking.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte