Question about ties

From: Laurent Duperval
Subject: Question about ties
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:13:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

In the docs, There is the following:

When ties are used with chords, all note heads whose pitches match are
connected. Ties are indicated using the tilde symbol `~'. If you try to tie
together chords which have no common pitches then no ties will be created.

I see that in my output, the ties appear properly (in the DVI file). But in
the MIDI file, some ties work, some others don't. What's the rule?

Thanks,

Laurent Duperval <mailto:address@hidden>

GOEBEL'S SECOND LAW OF USELESS DIFFICULTY:
   The fastest way to get something done
   is to determine that it isn't worth doing.
                                                          -