Re: changing staff in a chord

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Re: changing staff in a chord
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:41:44 +0200

AAJ> I cannot figure out how to spread a chord over the two systems in a piano
AAJ> staff.

Currently you cannot do that with Staff change — the hack I currently
use is very messy: put the notes on a separate voice an increase the
Stem length of one of the notes to emulate a chord. It's not clean,
but it works until the feature is adapted:

  \property Voice.Stem \set #'length = #9

Look at the following for all the properties of Stem:
http://lilypond.org/development/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/Stem.html#Stem

I know this isn't the answer you expected — you'll probably dislike it
a lot — sorry.

--
Best regards,
 Jérémie                            mailto:address@hidden