Re: Jazz Fonts And Chord Notation

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Jazz Fonts And Chord Notation
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:59:08 +0000

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:02:02 rsff wrote:
> Hey,
>
> So many cool things are going on. So I'd like to add to the Chorus of the
> Wishlist. Do there are actually Two.
>
> The first one are Jazz Fonts. The sort you find in "The Real Book" (the
> unpublished, unnumbered, illegal but standart book, which carries all of  the
> the Jazz "Standards".)
>
> The other one are better Chord Notation engine. We have some funky Chord
> Notations here in Brasil, especially the ones used the Hermeto Pascoal, where
> he write:
>
> C7/
>     D4568
>
> The D456 (The numbers are superscribed), means that you have to play (on the
> piano)
>
> Left Hand - C Dominant 7th Chord
> Right Hand - D; G; A; B-Natural; D.
>
> In general though, It would be nice if we could "Customize" our chords, so
> that you can put anything you want before it and after it. For example, I
> would really like to be able to do
>
> C7(#13)
>     (  11)
>     (  #9)
>          /D4568

Always something new.  What I like about that system is that
it's very easy to understand.

The only things you need to type those chords in is the
capitals, numbers, the sharp, the flat, parentheses, and
the slash, so it's plain typing except for \sharp and \flat.
That's the way I like it BTW.

You don't care about a generated midi part from it, do you?
Half a loaf is pretty good, IMHO.  Easier to type in what
you want.  :-)

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden