Debian/lily was: beaming with extreme range

From: Atte Andre Jensen
Subject: Debian/lily was: beaming with extreme range
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:15:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> Please upgrade to 1.6

Ok, I didn't actually upgrade yet, but installed lily on another box
running debian. Although I've been running linux for about 2 1/2 years, I
just recently dared debian, and so far I'm *extremely* impressed. I was
even more pleased (+ a bit surprised) to find that lily installed without
a single problem. Well now to my newbie-in-debian questions:

1) "apg-get install -t unstable" gave me lily 1.6.0, which makes me wonder
what the policies are concerning when (how soon) to find which version of
lily in stable/frozen/unstable...???

2) my next time will be an upgrade. How painless/full will that be, esp
regarding the good, old
fonts-don't-match-your-lily-version-after-upgrade-problem??

And just because... "yes" the problem with the beams are gone in 1.6.0 :-)

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte