Failed work-around for interstaff chords

From: jeremie
Subject: Failed work-around for interstaff chords
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:24:01 +0200

It isn't (yet) possible to spread a chord over two staves in a piano
system. The logic work-around is to place the notes respective to each
staff and then extend the stem of one of the newly formed chords to
reach out to the other.

And of course, for this to work, both chords must be perfectly
aligned. In most cases this isn't a problem. But when it is, I can't
figure out how to solve it... I tried shifting the notes using
\shiftOn, et al. but it doesn't seem to have effect (I'm guessing it's
because there's only one note in the measure).

I attached an example, which I hope is short enough.

--
Best regards,
 Jérémie                            mailto:address@hidden