[tip] making music fit onto less pages

From: Graham Percival
Subject: [tip] making music fit onto less pages
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:26:15 -0700

If you think that LilyPond 1.6 uses a bit too much space, you can do this:

\paper{ \translator {
\StaffContext minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-4 . 4)
} }

This does the same thing as sticking
\property Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-4 . 4)
in all your staffs, but you only need to type it in once.  :)

(included here mostly to get it into the mailing list archives.  When I
write my "tutorial for medium users", I'll definately explain about
\translator.  Now I need to go back and fix all my pieces so that they
use \translator instead of \property all of the place.  :)

HTH,
- Graham