Re: How to create smaller paper sizes

From: Laurie Savage
Subject: Re: How to create smaller paper sizes
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:16:31 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> > I am transcribing some music for a marching band and need to set it on
> > A5(landscape). I created a file A5.ly based on A4.ly with altered height and
> > width and used referred to that in my scores but the music was printed on
> > A4(portrait)
>
> Did you follow the instructions at
> http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Page-layout.html#Page%20layout
>
>    /Mats

Yes

Here is the opening of my file enea.ly and the file a5.ly which lives in
/usr/share/lilypond/ly. If I add sufficient bars to more than fill a small
sheet, a new page is not added automatically as it would with music
covering more than one a4 sheet.

a5.ly
==================
\version "1.3.146"
% a5.ly

hsize = 210.0 \mm
vsize = 148.5 \mm

Enea.ly
================
\paper{ papersize = "a5" }
\include "paper16.ly"

\header{
        title = "Enea"
        composer = "Viaris"
        instrument = "Baritone sax. (E flat)"
}

\score{
\notes \relative c''
\sequential{
        \time 2/4
        \key c \major
{
g8 r d r | g g r4 | [d'8 c b a] | g r r4
\repeat "volta" 2 {
\repeat "percent" 6 {c,8 r g' r}
d8 r g r d r r4 \repeat "percent" 6 {d8 r g r}
c r g r | c r r4 \repeat "percent" 5 {c8 r g r}
c8 r c r | f, f4 c8 | f r r4 | d8 \< r a' \! r
}}}}

--
Laurie Savage

Science @ Pascoe Vale Girls' College