Re: lilypond mandolin tablature?

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: lilypond mandolin tablature?
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 19:37:24 +0200

Karl Berry wrote:

1) Everything is shifted down by one line -- the first note is printed a
   line space below the real bottom line, the second note is printed on
   the bottom line instead of the second-to-bottom line, and so on.

Yes, this is a bug.
I have fixed it in cvs - it should appear in 1.6.2.

2) the fret numbers are 15 17 19 21 instead of 0 0 0 0, whatever
   is assigned to the #'stringTunings property.  I don't know if what I
   have below is actually correct, but right now the numbers are getting
   ignored, as far as I can tell.

Yes, I am not very familiar with the \outputproperty scheme - but at least the example below works (in cvs).
Don't hesitate to ask, if you have any questions.

part = \notes {
  g-1 d'-2 a'-3 e''-4
}

\score {
  \context StaffGroup <
    \context Staff <
      % Hide fingering number
      \property Staff.Fingering \override #'transparent = ##t
      \part

    \context TabStaff <
      \property Staff.Stem \override #'direction = #-1  % stems below frets
      \outputproperty #(make-type-checker 'staff-symbol-interface)
                      #'line-count = #4
      \property TabStaff.stringTunings = #'(-5 2 9 16)
      \part