Re: New user with questions.

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: New user with questions.
Date: 04 Sep 2002 08:58:28 -0400

    Keith> - Is there a way in lilypond-book to have no measure bar lines?

I usually say:

\property Score.defaultBarType="empty"

Then when you do want a normal barline, you say:

\bar "|"

There are some gotchas about doing this; for instance, I also say:

\forgetAccidentals

so that if I put in an fis which is an accidental, the next fis will
also have a sharp on it, whether there's an invisible barline between
them or not.

    Keith> - In lilypond (not -book) I would like to create multiple lines like
the
    Keith> following:  a G-clef, no time signature, no bar lines, 8 whole notes
(with
    Keith> accidentals) and then another G-clef where I would put the
key-sinature and
    Keith> then a new line. I know how to get rid of the time-sig, but I seem
only be
    Keith> able to put a clef at the end of the first line. I can't figure out
how to
    Keith> put the key signature in at the end since lily won't let me put a
new plain
    Keith> (cmajor) clef on the next line with no notes in between.

I think you need to look at \property Score.breakAlignOrder

For the clef, you probably also need to use \property Staff.forceClef = ##t

I don't think I do anything exactly like what you're doing, but if the
examples in input/test don't clarify how to use the suggestions above,
you might want to look at some of the lilypond on my site, which is
largely renaissance music with unbarred parts, with incipits that
indicate the original clef and time signature.

Unfortunately most of it is still in 1.4, and I'm only just now
figuring out how to do the incipits in 1.6.  So write again if you run
into problems.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139