RE: New user with questions.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: RE: New user with questions.
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:59:43 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Is there a way to put just an accidental (no note) at a given position?

Yes, put a blanked note with forced accidental there.

> I include my lilypond-book document below (I know I could have given a
> shorter example to show my point). I hope this helps someone else. Let me
> know if you have comments or suggestions.

Interesting example. I put some reminders in the code for future
improvements (notably: the spacing at the start of the 2nd line), but
anyway, here goes:

\header {

    texidoc = "Scales, but with clef and key signature at the end of the line."

}

\score {
    \notes \transpose c'' {
        \property Staff.Clef \set #'break-visibility = #end-of-line-visible
        \property Staff.KeySignature \set #'break-visibility =
#end-of-line-visible
        \property Staff.explicitClefVisibility = #end-of-line-visible
        \property Staff.explicitKeySignatureVisibility = #end-of-line-visible

        % We want the time sig to take space, otherwise there is not
        % enough white at the start of the line.
        %

        \property Staff.TimeSignature \set #'transparent = ##t
        \property Score.defaultBarType = #"empty"

        c1 d e f g a b c
        \key d \major
        \break

        % see above.