font (?) help request

From: Alex Langley
Subject: font (?) help request
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 09:39:27 -0700

Hello,

I have searched in the archives and manual, I must be missing
something when it comes to lyric and notehead fonts.  Here's
the situation:

cygwin lilypond 1.6.0 ...I can get everything but the lyrics to
show up.

Redhat Linux 7.3 with lilypond 1.6.2 with the latest python,
guile, etc....I can get everything but the note heads to show
up.

Am I just missing some fonts?  If so, I'm not sure which ones.
Even the examples copied from lilypond.org have the same
problems as above for me, so I'm pretty sure I have the
input syntax correct.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Alex