Re: Buglet

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Buglet
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 00:16:07 -0700

address@hidden

> Bug I believe I got one, so I'm putting it right here. . .

It looks like a bug, but the developers need to have a (short) example
which causes the bug.  In addition, sometimes Lilypond doesn't give
very nice error messages -- for example if you try to comment a line
with # instead of %

Making a short example which causes the bug has two advantages: it means
that the developers don't need to compile a big example to see the problem,
and it also makes sure that the bug really is a bug (and not just an
incorrect ly file which produces a nasty error message).  :)

> Any ideas?? I seemed to work when I was using another workstation with
> the 1.6.0 version os lilypond. . . . Could it be my setup?

A few new things have been introduced since then, which could have caused
the bug.  If you can compile other scores (or test ly files), I doubt
that it would be your setup.  You should check a few simple scores anyway.

Cheers,
- Graham