Settings for a hymn book

From: Oscar A. Valdez
Subject: Settings for a hymn book
Date: 18 Sep 2002 20:36:06 -0600

The following should be the first of several consecutive chants and hymns. The
first score is a salutation, and the second is the response.

There are two things I would like to change, but don't know how:

1) The notes (especially in the second score) seem to be vertically centered on
the staff, with excessive space between them. I would like them to be
left-aligned, and closely spaced.

2) I would like the "opus" header to appear only once, before the first score,
and not twice, before each score.

Help will be appreciated.

Oscar Valdez

**************************

\header {
    opus = "1. Con la señal de la cruz"
    tagline = "Traducción del Graduale Simplex"
}
\score {
    \addlyrics
    \context Staff = Celeb {
        \property Staff.midiInstrument = "church organ"
        \property Staff.noAutoBeaming = ##t
        \property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
        \cadenzaOn
            \notes
            \relative c' {
                \clef bass
                g8 g a a a
                a g a a b
                a a a a a
                g a [a( )g] g
                \bar "|."
        \context Lyrics
            \lyrics {
                En el nom bre del
                Pa dre, y del Hi-
                jo, y del Es- pi-
                ri- tu San to.
\score {
    \addlyrics
    \context Staff = Resp {
        \property Staff.midiInstrument = "church organ"
        \property Staff.noAutoBeaming = ##t
        \property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
        \cadenzaOn
            \notes
            \relative c' {
                \clef bass