Re: Staves/Voices question

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Re: Staves/Voices question
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:13:21 +0200

JS> Is there a way to leave the tenor and bass bars out until the 10th
JS> measure, so the piece starts for 10 mm with only soloist and piano, then
JS> at measure 10 the tenor and bass bar are added.

It seems like you're asking for Hara Kiri, do you know about it?
Just add the following to your paper block:

  \translator {
     \HaraKiriStaffContext
  }

http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Hara-kiri-staves.html#Hara%20kiri%20staves

I know that it would have desired effect with the only side-effect
that the staves will disappear each time there's a line-long supply of
rests.

--
Best regards,
 Jérémie                            mailto:address@hidden