page break

From: Alnoor Allidina
Subject: page break
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 00:14:59 -0400

Hello all,

After installing 1.6.4 for Cygwin, I am noticing some weird behavior.

I am writing a score for string orchestra.  Lilypond version 1.6.0-1 was
able
to fit 2 systems on a single letter-sized page.  Version 1.6.4 can only fit
one system on each page.  Since there are only 4-5 staves per system, each
page has a lot of space at the bottom.

Also, the "Lily was here" message used to appear on the first page, but it
now appears on the second.

I have not modifed my source at all - the relevent paper section is as
follows:

\paper
{
papersize = "letter"
  \translator{
    \HaraKiriStaffContext

My command line is simple: ly2dvi -P test.ly

Any ideas on how to return to the old behavior?  Perhaps there is a way to
increase the useable area of the page?

Thanks for your help,
Alnoor Allidina