hairpin control

From: David Bobroff
Subject: hairpin control
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:50:33 +0000

Consider the following short excerpt:

\score{

\notes\relative c{

r4 b''4( \< \! )c2  |  R1 |
}
\paper{}
}

I want to have a hairpin crescendo from the b to the c and then a
decresendo on the c to the barline.  If I use the "r1" rest I can do this
but it causes two problems; 1) the hairpin continues into the rest measure
(I want it to stop at the barline) and, 2) The rest isn't centered.  If I
use the "R1" rest Lily tells me that the (de)crescendo is not terminated.
No doubt this is due to the "R1" rest being there.

I tried using the model from the docs but was not able to come up with a
solution.

Thanks,

David Bobroff