Re: Talking about stems...

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Talking about stems...
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:12:44 +0000

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 17:28:29 Paul Dumais wrote:
> Is there a way to produce any sort of unusual stems?
>
> For example: a stem with an arrow head on it.  This is usefull for
> noting flamenco guitar music.  An arrow pointing upwards on the stem
> of a chord means a (down) stroke with the a right-hand finger.  There
> are many effects on a guitar, flamenco or not, done with the right
> hand that are often noted with special stems (arrows, zigzags, etc.)
>
> I know that the possibilities are endless, but any indication on this
> topic will be appreciated.

Putting arrowheads on stems is certainly better than putting
arrows in front of stems, which makes such a mess out of flamenco.
Take a look at http://www.openguitar.com/files/tengtr.pdf
section 3.6 on page 8.  You might like that a lot better than messing
with arrows at all.  I know I do.  :-) DaveA