unexpected octave

From: David Bobroff
Subject: unexpected octave
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:21:11 +0000

Here is a three measure excerpt from a score I'm working on:

%%%
\score {
  \context Staff <

 \clef G
 \notes \relative c' {

\time 3/4
 < \property Voice.NoteHead \set #'style = #'diamond b''16 \\
\property Voice.NoteHead \set #'style = #'diamond e,> r16 r8 r4 r4 |
\property Voice.NoteHead \set #'style = #'default
\time 2/4
R2 |
\time 3/4
 r4 r \times 2/3 {g8 g g } |
  }>
  \paper {
        papersize = "a4"

%%%%%

I don't understand why the last three notes are in this octave.  Indeed, I
want them in this octave but I was quite sure that to do this would require
two octave-lowering marks ",," following the first "g".

If I remove any notehead shape changes it behaves as I would expect.  Is
this a bug or have I missed some subtle point in the docs?

Thanks,

David Bobroff