Re: ps output looks like junk

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: ps output looks like junk
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:59:32 +0200

> > Did you check the PDF version of your PS file that I did,
> > to see if it looks OK?
> The staves and the clefs look right but the note heads and chord names
> come out as a dotty mess.

Do you mean that it looks fuzzy or completely wrong?
I it looks fuzzy, it's just since you used the standard
bitmapped fonts. To get nice fonts in the PDF file, use
ly2dvi -p file.dvi
(assuming that you have Lilypond 1.6.x and that you
built the Type1 fonts if you compiled the program yourself).
However, the standard bitmapped fonts shouldn't look fuzzy
in Ghostview unless you have played with the antialias
settings or so.

> > Have you tried printing the file to a printer?
> That comes out fine, strangely.

Great, that's the main point, right?

> I can't figure this out at all - does anything come to your mind?
> Colin

  /Mats