Re: PS output looks like junk

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: PS output looks like junk
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:23:14 +0200

This is not the problem. If you followed the discussion, you'd see
that Colin produced a Postscript file which he claims looks weird
on his screen but fine on printer. His file looks fine over here.
Check yourself at

I have converted his PS file to PDF
(http://www.s3.kth.se/~matsb/oldmrs.pdf) so Colin should be able
to verify if it was a problem with his Ghostview installation,
but apparently it looks strange also when he uses Acrobat reader.

I'm totally confused, since the handling of embedded fonts in
Ghostscript and Acrobat should be completely independent.
Is it possible that both Ghostscript and Acrobat fail to view
embedded fonts correctly because of some weird installation of
the X window system?

Colin, have you tried to view the Postscript or PDF files at
http://lilypond.org/stable/examples.html ?
Do you see the same problems or do those files look OK?

   /Mats