Re: PS output looks like junk

From: Fabio dos Santos
Subject: Re: PS output looks like junk
Date: 04 Oct 2002 12:37:11 -0300

Mats,

I'm getting weird results as well. PS and PDF output look fine.  DVI
output looks VERY weird. The fonts look square. (but not "dotty" as in
low resolution dotty, it looks squigly, or something like that)

PDF and PDF output looks flawless. it could be his Tetex installation.
If he is viewing the PS output using Xdvi, it might not work correctly
(on my system, there's always something missing when use Xdvi to view
the PS output!)

++++++++++++++++++++

Colin,

1. Run texconfig.

2. Select the MODE menu, and select one of the drivers that have
resolution higher than 300dpi. Hit enter on the OK button. The config
utility will run some things. Exit the menu (if you need to exit it)

3. Select the XDVI menu. Select MODE menu again, and it should ask if
you want to set it for the same driver in Step 2. Select yes. If it
doesn't ask the question, you should select the same driver you selected
in Step2.

4. Select the Return Menu afterwords (it should take you back to the
first menu.

5. Select DVIPS menu, Select GLOBAL menu, Select the papersize you'll be
using most often, then select the MODE menu, and repeat the driver
selection that you did in step 2/3.

Return and exit. Try typeset your score again, and tell us what happens.

Fabio.