Re: transposed parts2

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: transposed parts2
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 18:49:38 -0700

On Mon, 07 Oct 2002 01:11:45 +0000
David Bobroff <address@hidden> wrote:
> >You can just add a "notes" statement in the score-file (before
> >\transpose). It is no problem that the music definition contains several
> >notes-statements.
>
> But that still leaves me in the same place, doesn't it?  I want the score
> in sounding pitch, but some parts in transposed pitch.  the "\notes"
> statement in the music file is followed by "\relative c*" which would then
> cancel any transposing statement in my part definition file.  Or am I
> missing something?

---
%%parts.ly
clarinet=\notes {\relative c'{{ a a a a}}
trumpet=\notes {\relative c''{ d d d d }}

%%score.ly
\include "parts.ly"
\score{\context GrandStaff <
  \context Staff=clar { \clarinet}
  \context Staff=trumpet { \trumpet}
>}

%%part-clarinet.ly
\include "parts.ly"
\score { \ontext Staff=clarpart {
  \transpose ees {
    \clarinet}
}}
----

AFAIK that should work.  (there may be some mistakes in syntax, but you get
the general idea)

Cheers,
- Graham