Re: Da Capo

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Da Capo
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 00:17:02 +0200

Erik Sandberg wrote:

I can not find anywhere in the documentation how to make good-looking "da capo" texts properly. Most D.C.:s I see in Real Notes use to be placed below the staff, with its text right-aligned to the left of the last \bar (and it use to be written out in all staves, too).

I have only a partial answer, I am afraid.
The attached snippet does what you request.
The problem is that ALL marks are put on all staves. Further more I could not get font-relative-size to work - i had to use font-magnification instead. Anyone? :-(

-Rune
global = \notes {
    s1*2 \mark "B"
    s1
    \property Score.RehearsalMark \override #'self-alignment-X = #right
    \property Score.RehearsalMark \override #'direction = #down
    \property Score.RehearsalMark \override #'break-visibility = #all-visible
    \property Score.RehearsalMark \override #'font-magnification = #0.75
    s1
    \mark "Da Capo"
    \bar "|."
}
\score {
    \notes \transpose c'' <
             \context Staff = sa < \global { c1 c c c } >
             \context Staff = sb < \global { g g g g } >

    \paper {
        \translator {
            \ScoreContext
            \remove "Mark_engraver"