Re: dynamics in between a PianoStaff

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: dynamics in between a PianoStaff
Date: 08 Oct 2002 23:53:58 +0200

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 23:45, Jule Slootbeek wrote:
> i have a piece for piano and i want the dynamics to be printed once in
> between the staves but that they do affect both the hands in the MIDI.
> I also want the dynamics to be centered betwent he two staves in stead
> of aligned with one of them. what would be the best way to do this?

i saw a hack on the lilypond tips and tricks page earlier today for
centering dynamics in a pianostaff (the link was under
/development/index/tips ...).

if you put the dynamics in their own part (\dynamics), then you could
create the midi like so:

\score {
  \context StaffGroup <
    \context Staff = rh <
      \dynamics
      \rightHand

    \context Staff = lh <
      \dynamics
      \leftHand

  \midi { \tempo 4 = 120 }
}

that should work... :o) (note "should"...)

greetings,
simon.
--
Don't be irreplaceable, if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.