Re: Tuplets, Brackets and Slurs

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Tuplets, Brackets and Slurs
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:06:16 +0200

> Hi,
>
> it's me again.
> Since I've upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6, I have some problems with
> the visibility of tuplet brackets.
> I used
> \property Voice.TupletBracket \set #'tuplet-bracket-visibility ΓΏ#t
> wich gave me tuplet brackets even if there are beams
> Example:
> \times 2/3 {g8 d fis}
> Now ly2dvi tells me:
> Can't find property type-check for 'tuplet-bracket-visibility'
> (backend-type?). Perhaps you made a typing error?
> Looks like the syntax slightly changed from 1.4 to 1.6, but I
> don't really understand the refecence manual there.
> Could you please tell me how this works now? Thanks!

Just run convert-ly on the file and see what it changes
it to. I hope you have inserted \version commands in your
file corresponding to the version you used before.

> Another thing about tuplet brackets: Sometimes I'd like to have
> tuplet brackets that look like slurs (which is easier to read
> than triplet brackets *and* phrasing slurs). Is that possible?
> It would also be ok for me to turn off the tuplet brackets and
> enter the slurs, but then I had to make sure the denominator is
> on the right side of the slur (and doesn't collide).

That's a good question. I tried in vain to replace the drawing
command with the command for drawing slurs but they weren't
compatible. However, what you suggest should work well, just
turn off the tuplet brackets and add slurs. You can set the
vertical position of the denominator using
\property Score.TupletBracket \set #'padding = #2
(the default value is 0.9).

   /Mats