LaTeX error

From: David Bobroff
Subject: LaTeX error
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:44:01 +0000

I'm getting the following error:

******************************
Analyzing alb-v1-2.tex...
Running LaTeX...
ly2dvi:error: LaTeX failed on the output file.

ly2dvi:error: The error log is as follows:

! LaTeX Error: Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 1040, in ?
    run_latex (files, outbase, extra_init)
  File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 744, in run_latex
    raise 'LaTeX error'
LaTeX error
LATEX output to `alb-v1.latex'...
TEX output to `alb-v1.tex'...
******************************

I'm coding a multiple movement piece.  The following is the beginning of
the third movement:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\score{
        \notes \relative c''{
        \clef "G"
        \key bes \major
        \time 2/4

        \partial 8 bes8-.\f | d( )bes r d-. | f( )d r f-. | bes8. a16 g8 f |
        \grace f8( )es-. d-. r bes-. |
        g-. bes-. f-. bes-. |

I can run this fragment without any problem.  I can run the first two
movements without any errors.  When I add this bit I get the error.

All the movements are contained in their own \score{ } blocks.  In fact, I
copied the first part of the \score block from another part so all of the
set-up information {key, time, etc.) would match.

I'm using Lily 1.6.4 under Cygwin.

Thanks,

David Bobroff