Missing Fonts

From: Vera Childs
Subject: Missing Fonts
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 22:39:25 -0400

Hi, I just installed Lilypond 1.7.3 on my Mandrake 9.0 system (using directions
found in the archives). I've fixed the problems I first ran into, and now have
it happily creating all the files it's supposed to when I use "ly2dvi -p
test.ly".

Now the problem I'm still having is that the fonts are not working. When I
bring up the .dvi file in kdvi, or the .ps file in gv, it's missing noteheads
and clef, etc. The only things that are there are the staff lines themselves,
and the tails of the notes.

I installed the lilypond-profile in my /etc/profile.d and sourced it just to
make sure it was being accounted for. Before doing that, I uncommented the last
few lines that talks about ps output (that didn't change anything).

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

-Vera