Re: page layout2

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: page layout2
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 13:12:57 +0200

> >You can set the vertical space used for the music with
> >\paper{
> >  textheight = 285.\mm
> >}
> >
> >or whatever height you want.
>
> That's one of the things I've been trying.  It hasn't made *any*
> difference.  I just now tried it with textheight = 390.0 \mm (yes, I mean
> 390.00 \mm not 290.0 \mm) to see what would happen.  It still comes out
> 8+8+8+2.  Am I likely making some other error?

If you use ly2dvi it should definitely make a difference.
I just tried it with 1.6.5 on one of my scores and it worked
fine. Note that the page breaking is done by TeX, not by
Lilypond itself. If you run ly2dvi -k, you can see how the
textheight parameter is transfered to the geometry LaTeX
package in ly2dvi.dir/*.latex.

  /Mats