Re: \clef "G_8" with \include "paper-13.ly"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: \clef "G_8" with \include "paper-13.ly"
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:23:27 -0700

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:47:56 -0400
Jule Slootbeek <address@hidden> wrote:
> In the same piece i talked about in my previous e-mail, if i include
> "paper-13.ly" i get a bunch of
> (#f italic medium roman -2)warning: couldn't find any font satisfying
> errors during compilation, when i open the file, the only font that
> hasn't changed it the 8 under the G clef of the tenor line ("G_8")
> is this a bug in 1.6.0? has it been fixed in 1.7? if so, great, if not,
> can something be done?

Lilypond only has fonts in sizes 11, 13, 16, etc.  I believe that the "-2"
in (#f italic medium roman -2)  makes Lilypond look for a font that's
two sizes smaller than 13.  Since Lilypond doesn't have any such font,
it generates an error.  If you use paper-16.ly you shouldn't have this
problem.

Of course, then you have to look into resizing your score with dvips to
make it the size you want.  So paper-16.ly isn't a perfect solution.  :(

Cheers,
- Graham