building problems (1.6)

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: building problems (1.6)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:04:53 +0200

Once again I tried to install lilypond at the university.
Old readers will remember that I had problems with kpathsea because of
the texlive-distribution runned here didn't by default ship with
kpathsea.

Our tex-administrator now has directed me to a local installation of
kpathsea.
If I add

/users/kaja/texlive/Master/bin/i368-linux

to my path and configure with

./autogen.sh --prefix=/users/rz/usr/lily-stable
--with-kpathsea-lib=/users/kaja/texlive/Master/lib
--with-kpathsea-inc=/users/kaja/texlive/Master/lib

then configure completes, and all the c++-files compile. But now the
linker fails with

/usr/local/lib/libltdl.so.3: undefined reference to `atexit'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [out/lilypond] Error 1
rm out/lexer.cc out/parser.cc
make[1]: Leaving directory `/users/rz/lilypond/lilypond-1.6/lily'
make: *** [all] Error 2
address@hidden:...lilypond-1.6]$

(Running on a HEAVILY customized RH7.3)

I am very confused about this.