Re: HaraKiriStaffContext question

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: HaraKiriStaffContext question
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:45:46 -0700

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:44:08 -0400
Jule Slootbeek <address@hidden> wrote:
> yeah i forgot the includes, sorry, here they are, i'm using 1.6.0 on
> Mac OS X

In the future, please include *all* files necessary to compile the
example -- I had already deleted your previous email, so I had to find
dngg.ly in the web archives.  In addition, don't use subdirectories (the
\include "notes/tenor.ly") when sending stuff.  When I investigate
stuff, I save the ly files in my ~/tmp and then compile it.  I don't
want to mess around making subdirectories.

The problem is that you have lyrics in the beginning.  Comment out the
\repeat { _2.*7 } lines in your voices.  In the score, do this:
(example)
            \context Staff = soprano
            <
                \global
                \clef treble
                \property Staff.instrument = "Soprano "
                \property Staff.midiInstrument = "flute"
                \sopranoNotes
\notes { R2.*7
                \context Lyrics = sopranoLyrics
                        \sopranoLyrics
}

HaraKiri now behaves properly.

One of these days I'll add a note to HaraKiri refman that empty lyrics
don't count as empty bars.

Cheers,
- Graham